“A party without cake is just a meeting”
― Julia Child
Cooking is my stress relieving hobby. It is one of my way to keep my mind busy. It helps me relax after work and battling with daily road traffic in Jakarta. The process of preparing, cooking, and the excitement when waiting for it to be done is like a heroine for me (though I never had one :p).
Now I want to share to you guys, my abandoned readers (sorry…), the easiest chocolate lava cake recipe I found on the internet. Since I’m a busy-independent-working woman who rarely stay at home during weekday, I honestly don’t have an advance kitchen set. It’s basically just a pan, portable stove, spatula, and some cheap dining set :(. That’s why currently at the moment, I don’t do advance cooking.
Now, as you might already know from this post, I’m a big fan of chocolate. And Chocolate Lava Cake is one of my most favourite chocolate cake. To truly enjoy a good one, I usually needed to spend more money to eat in a good place. Never crossed my mind before that someday I could make my own. Because it seems so hard, doesn’t it??!!
Well, it’s not! When I read this recipe, I was shocked too. There might be some advance way of making this Chocolate Lava Cake. But the one that I’m going to share to you is good enough. Fingers crossed.
Due to my poor condition of kitchen, I won’t share step by step pictures. But maybe after moving in with Zombie-kun, I will set up a better kitchen and give you guys proper explanation with pictures later.
And here’s the recipe:
- 80 grams of DCC (Dark Compound Chocolate)
- 3 tbsp of flour (I use Segitiga Biru)
- 2 tbsp of margarine
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 20 grams of chocolate powder
- Melt DCC and margarine in a pan
- After it melts, put chocolate powder into the chocolate mixture and stir until the powder dissolve completely
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs and sugar, stir well until sugar dissolves
- Add flour and stir well
- And then add chocolate mixture into the batter and stir well again
- Pour batter to cake mold that has been spread with margarine beforehand
- Steam the batter over boiling water for 5-10 minutes (depends on mold size)
- It's ready to serve
- Eat while it's still hot along with Vanilla Ice Cream
The cooking time depends on how big your cup size is. For mine (as in the picture), it takes exactly 8 minutes to reach the exact cooked level. My suggestion, just try and see. If the cake is still wobbly, then it needs more time. But remember to not cook it more than it should be, or it will be overcooked and you won’t get the ooziness you want.
You can eat it however you want. Pairing it with Vanilla Ice Cream is heaven! Go try it and tell me what you think in comment section below.